zondag 28 juli 2013

Red Riding Hood!

 
 

Besides my passion for cooking I love watching movies, from horror to comedy to romantic movies to science fiction, I like them all so we decided to do a regular blog post about my favourite movies and new movies that are just in the cinema so the Movie of today is Red Riding Hood and we'll always pick a snack to eat during the movie and because it's the first movie post we'll go for the classic movie snack : Popcorn!

I'm not going to give a summary about every movie I saw because u can just read the whole plot on Wikipedia but I want to tell you what I personally liked about them. Red Riding hood is one of those movies that the unexpected happens because through the whole film you keep on suspecting different people to be the wolf but never the one that's actually him. Another thing I liked is that they go back to the actual fairytail of what we call in dutch ' Roodkapje', when Valerie is dreaming that her grandmother is the wolf they have the same conversation as in the fairytail whith the famous lines starting with : ' Grandmother why are your eyes that big? So I can see you better my dear' and at the end of the movie they also put rocks inside the death body of the wolf and threw it in the lake just as in the fairytail.

Another part I liked is that the whole story is actually based on the past of Valerie's mother because of her secret love for Henry's father the wolf killed Valerie's older sister and that's the start of the whole story because that's the moment that the wolf breaks its truce with the village people and that's also the reason why you never suspect for a minute who the wolf is because no one would murder his own child unless the child isn't really his...
For the people who haven't seen it yet I would really recommend it!!
 
 
 
 
 

With Love Louise